|Kelso Scotland||home | civic week | tourist information | history | local|
|home / local information|
St. Marys Roman Catholic Church
Kelso Old Parish
Church of Scotland
Kelso Churches & Places of Worship
Kelso has always been a town of many churches. Throughout the Disruption in the Church of Scotland there were many Free and Reformed Churches in the town and surrounding area.
St Andrew's Episcopal Church in Belmont Place, close to Kelso Bridge, was built in 1869. It is open daily from 8.30 am - 6 pm.
Kelso Old Parish Church, which is octagonal in shape, is to be found in the Knowes. It was designed by James Nisbet, who also designed Ednam House. Completed in 1773, it replaced the previous church which had been within the ruins of the Abbey. It is open daily, May - Sept from 10am - 4pm. Sunday Service at 11am. Kelso Old and Sprouston are now united and linked with Kelso Country Churches.
St Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Bowmont Street was built in 1856. Sunday Mass 09:30.
Baptist Church in Bowmont Street was built in 1876. Services are held on Sundays at 11am and 6.30pm. Prayer meeting and bible study on Tuesdays at 2.30pm.
Kelso Evangelical Church in Bowmont Street has Sunday services at 11.30am (Family service) and Communion and Bible Reading at 6pm. Web site: www.kelsoevangelicalchurch.org.uk
Quaker Meeting House, Abbey Row, Kelso TD5 7JF.
Kingdom Hall at 5 The Knowes holds a Public Meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses every Sunday at 10am with Watchtower Study at 10.50am.
|Kelso Scotland, Scottish Borders UK|